Date Of Post: 01 May, 2018
Mumbai: Mumbai Metro One, on Monday, announced that it has achieved the 400 million passenger mark on its 1,423rd day, which is almost within 4 years of its operations. An official spokesperson said, the Reliance Infrastructure-promoted Mumbai Metro One, has now emerged as the preferred choice of daily commute with people opting for it to travel to and from their homes & offices.
- While the first 100 million passenger mark was achieved in 398 days, the 2nd 100 million mark came in 388 days, followed by the 3rd 100 million peg in 337 days and the latest 400 million was achieved in 300 days.
- The spokesperson said,”We have redefined MRTS commuter experience in the country. As a transport utility we have sought to delight our commuters with value-added services besides comfort and safety.”
- Besides, Mumbai Metro One offers attractive deals from its partner-merchants for the last mile connectivity from all stations en route to ensure retaining consumer trust and increasing the daily ridership, up by nearly 13% over 2017.
- For the latest achievement, the Mumbai Metro One witnessed growth in various routes, with the Andheri-Western Express Highway leading with a 48% increase, followed by Andheri-Azad Nagar at 45%.
About Mumbai Metro One-
- Mumbai Metro One Private Ltd is a SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) of a consortium of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority and Veolia Transport SA, France.
- It operated on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor with 12 metro stations.