Date Of Post: 08 May, 2018
The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has completed 2 km of tunneling for the construction of the Metro 3.
- For the construction of the underground Metro 3 corridor, the TBMs need to altogether bore 52-km for both the up and down line.
- Currently, with eight TBMs functioning, the machines are tunneling around nine to 10 metres a day on an average.
- With 15 TBMs already having completed Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), we hope to have all the 17 TBMs running by July 2018,” said Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC.
- MMRC had begun tunneling for the 33-km corridor in November last year with the first TBM, Krishna-1, at Nayanagar launching shaft.
- Along with Krishna-2, which will bore a 2.5-km tunnel between Naya Nagar and Dadar Metro station, the TBMs have together completed 1,005 metres of tunnel.
Image Credit: Mumbai Metro 3