Date Of Post: 06 June, 2018
MMRDA has now begun Soil Testing on the Metro 4 Corridor of Mumbai Metro with the Barricades erected for the project .
Further Information of the Project :
- Metro Line 4 shall start from Wadala to Kasarvadavali .
- It is 32.32 km. long elevated corridor with 32 stations.
- This corridor connects Wadala-Ghatkopar-Thane-Kasarvadavali .
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Eastern Express Roadway, Central Railway, Mono Rail, the ongoing Metro Line 2B (D N Nagar to Mandale), and the proposed Metro Line 5 (Thane to Kalyan), Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli) & Metro Line 8 (Wadala to General Post Office).
Present Status :
- The soil testing work at the area near Bhakti Park at Wadala has started.
- This Metro 4 corridor will be constructed simultaneously in five packages after contractors were appointed in March this year. Award Details :
- CA08 , CA10 , CA12 : Consortium of M/s. Reliance Infrastructure Limited and M/s. ASTALDI.
- CA09 , CA11 : Consortium of M/s. TATA Projects Limited and M/s. China Harbour Engineering Company.
- After soil testing , authorities will begin identification of utilities beneath the soil. “Electricity and gas lines run underground, which need to be identified through manual excavation to avoid any major accidents during construction work,” said the MMRDA official.
- Further Barricades will be erected . “We will be barricading barely one fifth of the entire length of the corridor currently. Only around six-km of the 32 km will be barricaded for now,” said a senior MMRDA official.
- Traffic Diversion is also being planned with the Traffic on the LBS Marg is likely to be diverted to Eastern Express Highway (EEH) or Kurla road during the work.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .