Date Of Post: 07 June, 2018
Mumbai: Surya–2, Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) for pkg-1, (Cuffe Parade–Hutatma Chowk), manufactured by Robbins TBMs, completes Factory Acceptance Test (FAT). The TBM will soon be shipped to Mumbai.
- Mumbai Metro-3 project is a 33.5 kms long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ.
- The corridor will have 27 stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
- The estimated cost of the project is around Rs 23,136 Crore.
- JICA (Japan International Co-operation Agency) will provide loan assistance worth Rs 13,235 Crore, balance funding will be made available by Govt. of India, Govt. of Maharashtra and others.
Image Credit: Mumbai Metro 3
People Also Viewed :
- 9 June, 2018 Mumbai Metro 3 Update: Surya-1 – First TBM of Package-1 and 9th in Overall Project Arrives In Mumbai
- 18 September, 2017 Mumbai Metro-3 Update: MMRC Received Second Tunnel Boring Machine
- 8 May, 2018 Mumbai Metro Line 3 Update : Two km of Tunneling completed
- 5 December, 2017 Tunnelling For Package 2 has Started From Azad Maidan To Grant Road At The Hands Of Chief Secretary Govt. Of Maharashtra
- 25 September, 2017 TERRATEC suppliesfirst new Mumbai Metro TBMs
- 22 September, 2017 Mumbai Metro-3 Update: CM Fadnavis Witnesses Lowering Of First TBM For Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 Corridor
- 12 September, 2017 Mumbai Metro-3 Update : Second Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) For Metro-3 underground corridor To Arrive Mumbai Next Week, Check Detailed Information
- 21 February, 2018 Mumbai Metro 3 Update: MMRC To Complete Tunneling Work For Underground Metro-3 (Colaba–Bandra-SEEPZ) Line By March 2021
- 8 August, 2017 First Stretch Of Tunnelling For Lucknow Metro Completed
- 6 September, 2017 MMRC Received Its First TBM For Construction Of Underground Mumbai Metro-3 Corridor