Date of Post: 20 Oct, 2018
Mumbai: The MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.) lowered 17th TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) into construction for the proposed Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 project on Monday. With this, all the 17 TBMs will be working on the digging process in full fledged for the Metro-3 project.
- This also marks the completion of 10.455 km of tunnelling work of the proposed 33.5 km of the Metro 3 corridor.
- From now, all the 17 boring machines will carry out the digging process for the project.
- “MMRC commences lowering of TBM Tansa 2 of Package3. With this all 17 Tunnel Boring Machines of Mumbai Metro-3 are underground and poised to complete the tunneling at the earliest by following stringent safety and quality norms,” Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC, tweeted.
- The first boring machine arrived in Mumbai, last year in the month of September.
- SK Gupta, Director (projects), MMRC said,“Tunneling work is progressing satisfactorily and with the last, the 17th, TBM in the underbelly of the city we will work with more enthusiasm.”
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .