Date Of Post: 07 Mar, 2018
Mumbai: The MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) has received approval from the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) for constructing a subway connecting the existing subway outside the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT), Mumbai.
- The new subway is expected to allow smooth connectivity between the railway station and the proposed underground Metro-3 station at Azad Maidan.
- The preparatory work on the project has begun.
The subway will have 3 entry points-
- Outside the MCGM gate
- Near the Zunka Bhakar Kendra
- Another at the Metro station entry
About the metro-3 project-
- Mumbai Metro Line 3(MML-3) project is estimated to cost INR 23,136 Crore.
- Mumbai metro-3 is a 33.5 Kilometer long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ.
- Length of the corridor is marked with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
Image Credit: Mumbai Metro 3