Date of Post: 10 Sep, 2018
Mumbai: The first tunnel of underground Metro-3 project (Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ) will be completed in September 2018. The Marol Naka to the international airport tunnel, will be the first one to be completed. Also, 5 tunnels have crossed the 1 km distance.
- Already, the TBM (tunnel boring machine) has covered 1,028 mtr.
- A total of 8 machines are under operation.
- All the 17 TBMs will be underground by the end of September 2018.
- Out of 17 TBMs, 16 have already arrived in Mumbai, out of which 14 are underground and 12 of them are commissioned.
- The MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line–3 project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India and the Government of Maharashtra on 50:50 sharing basis.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro-
Image Credit: MMRC
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .