Date of Post: 15 Sep, 2018
Mumbai: MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation), on Friday, commissions its 14th TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine), Godavari 3 at pkg-5 at BKC for Mumbai Metro-3 project. Mr Shri R.A.Rajiv IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner MMRDA, Mr.R.L.Mopalwar, Vice Chairman & Managing Director MSRDC, Mr Anil Kumar Prin. Comm Income Tax and Ms Ashwini Bhide MD, MMRC, were present on the occasion.
- The TBM Godavari-3 is manufactured by Terratec.
- Weighing approx 530 tonnes with 6.67 meter diameter & 82 meters length the TBM will bore a 890 meter tunnel from BKC station to Vidyanagari station.
- This is the 14th TBM to be commissioned.
- On Wednesday, MMRC commissioned its 13th TBM & the 1st one for pkg-6 at South launching shaft of CSIA T2 International airport metro station.
- When complete, Mumbai Metro’s much-anticipated Line 3 will be the first underground metro line in the city.
- The 33.5km-long line will connect Cuffe Parade business district in the far south to the SEEPZ (Santacruz Electronics Export Processing Zone) in the north-central with 26 underground and one at-grade station.
- The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Mumbai Metro-3 project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India(GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra (GOM) on 50:50 sharing basis.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .