Date of Post: 13 Sep, 2018
Mumbai: MMRC commissions its 13th TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) & the 1st one for pkg-6 at South launching shaft of CSIA T2 International airport metro station on Wednesday.
Mr Sanjay Reddy, MD MIAL (Mumbai Airports Authority Ltd), Mr. Keshava Sharma Reg ED AAI (Airports Authority of India) , Mr. Kashinath Tripathi, DIG CISF & Ms. Ashwini Bhide MD, MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation), were present on the occasion.
- The TBM Tapi-1 is manufactured by Terratec.
- Weighing approx 550 tonnes with 6.68 meter diameter & 90 meters length it will be boring a 692 meter tunnel from CSIA T2 station to Sahar Road station.
- This is the 13th TBM commissioned for the Mumbai Metro-3 project.
- The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Mumbai Metro-3 project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India(GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra (GOM) on 50:50 sharing basis.
- When complete, Mumbai Metro’s much-anticipated Line 3 will be the first underground metro line in the city.
- The 33.5km-long line will connect Cuffe Parade business district in the far south to the SEEPZ (Santacruz Electronics Export Processing Zone) in the north-central with 26 underground and one at-grade station.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .