Date Of Post: 07 Apr, 2018
Mumbai: MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) received an excellent response from all the prequalified bidders for procurement of state of art Rolling Stock for Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro 3 corridor.
The 5 companies that submitted the bids are:
1) CAF S.A., Spain
2) Consortium of Alstom Transport India Limited and Alstom Transport S.A.
3) Consortium of CRRC Nanjing Puzhen Co.Ltd.; CRRC International Corporation Ltd and
CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles Co. Ltd
4) Hitachi, Ltd.
5) Consortium of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. & BHEL.
- The bids for procuring 31 trains of 8 coaches each were opened on Friday.
- “We are pleased with the response from the bidders. To cater to heavy passenger traffic and to improve frequency of trains, the state-of-art Rolling Stock will be procured which will also be equipped with the features of driver-less train operations,” Managing Director MMRC, Ms. Ashwini Bhide said.
- The company will take around a year to design the coaches.