Date of Post : 21 Aug, 2017
Mumbai: The Mumbai Metro Line 3, also referred to as the Colaba–Bandra-SEEPZ line, is a part of the metro system for the city of Mumbai. This 33.5-km long line will be the first underground metro line in Mumbai, once ready. This corridor would cater to 17 lakh commuters daily, once ready.
Line 3 (Mumbai Metro)
The line starts at Cuffe Parade, will run through Nariman Point, Churchgate, CST, Girgam, Worli, Mahim, Kalina University, Dadar, Bandra, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Santacruz East and past the domestic and international terminals of Mumbai Airport, through Andheri MIDC and terminates at SEEPZ.
No. of Stations : 27
No. of Tracks : 2
Operation Starts : 2020
Corridor Length : 33.05 KM
- The project is being implemented by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC).
- MMRC is a JV SPV of government of Maharashtra, implementing the Mumbai Metro line-3.
- Line 3 is essential to cope with the overcrowding and congestion on existing public transport and road traffic
- The Line 3 will help in reducing the emission of Carbon Dioxide and other greenhouse gases by taking many private vehicles off the road.
- The line 3 has been notified on September 18, 2013 under the Metro Railways Act.
Metro -3 Car Depot
- On Aug. 2014, the State Government has handed over 30 Ha. land required for the Car Depot in Aarey Colony.
- The Aarey Car Depot site has been selected on technical ground after thoroughly examining all the other alternatives.
- The Depot is surrounded by 3 major roads with substantial vehicular traffic: JVLR, Marol-Maroshi Road and Goregaon-Powai Link Road
- The contractor appointed by MMRC for the purpose has done the activities like shifting of water pipelines, storm water drain which fall under the civic amenities.
- On December 30, 2016, the State Government has approved to adopt the modified option of car depot at Aarey Colony in which 5 Ha green cover is retained.
- Also the depot will have
- Operation Control Centre
- Administrative Building
- 35 Stabling lines for night parking of trains
- Inspection & Maintenance Workshops
MMRC appeals to the people of Mumbai to appreciate the activities undertaken at Aarey Colony. Citizen’s cooperation is must for improving the environment and changing the way Mumbaikars travel.