Date of Post: 14 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) awarded the contract for the Metro Line-2 project to Simplex Infrastructure.
About The Contract:
- The company will design & construct the 12km long viaduct & 11 elevated stations on the D.N. NagarMankhurd corridor of Metro Line 2.
- It was the lowest bidder at Rs 1,080 crore.
- U.P.S. Madan, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA, said,“This is another important step towards developing the metro network in the city, which is the need of the hour. The contract will be awarded to the contractor after the Executive Committee accords its approval.”
The Metro Line 2 corridors
- Metro Line 2 will connect Dahisar & Mankhurd and has two corridors, 2A & 2B.
- Work on corridor 2A between Dahisar and D.N. Nagar is under way.
- Corridor 2B connects D.N. Nagar to Mankhurd.
- Simplex Infrastructures will construct 11 of the 22 stations on the 2B corridor.
The 11 Stations Are-
- ESIC Nagar
- Prem Nagar
- Indira Nagar
- Old Airport
- Khira Nagar
- Saraswat Nagar
- National College
- Bandra (W)
- MMRDA Office
- Income Tax Office