Date of Post: 21 July, 2018
Thane: A Japanese delegation, on Friday, held discussion with Thane Municipal Commissioner Sanjeev Jaiswal on various aspects of the bullet train project. An official release of the Thane Municipal Corporation said, the discussion mainly centred around facilities to be provided at Thane station of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail project.
- Mr. Jaiswal assured the delegation that the TMC civic corporation would render all possible assistance to the bullet train project.
- The delegation was led by Shantaro Kawahara and comprised officials from JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), the main funding agency of the project.
- Mr. R P Singh, Project Director of the National High Speed Rail Nigam, was also present.
- The 500 km bullet train route will have a dozen stations , which four of them fall in Maharashtra- Mumbai, Thane, Virar and Boisar.
- The Thane station will be located at Mhatardi village.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information