Date Of Post: 31 Mar, 2018
Mumbai: The Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train will have 10 coaches, a seating capacity of 750 passengers and will leave Mumbai for Ahmedabad every 20 minutes. “India Gears Up For Bullet Train: The Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed bullet train to commence operations from 2022. The train will leave every 20 minutes from Mumbai to Ahmedabad and have 10 coaches with the seating capacity of 750 passengers.” Piyush Goyal Office tweeted.
About The Project:
- The foundation stone for the Bullet Train project was laid on September 14, 2017, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The total length of proposed High Speed Rail Corridor works out to be 508.17km.
- Construction of the corridor is expected to begin by June 2018, and the first bullet train is scheduled to leave for its first run on 15 August 2022.
- The 508km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad high speed rail project is estimated to cost Rs 1.08 lakh crore.
- Of the total Rs 1.08 lakh crore, Japan is giving a loan of Rs 88,000 crore at a minimal interest of 0.1% for 50 years and the repayment will begin only after 15 years.
The High Speed Corridor will have 12 Stations-
Image Credit: Sukhoi37 – Wikimedia Commons