Date Of Post: 31 Mar, 2018
Madgaon: Sanjay Gupta, CMD Konkan Railway and P K Agarwal, Director, Container Corporation, on Wednesday, inaugurated Multi Modal Logistics Park at Balli Station near Madgaon in Goa, on Konkan Railway route. The park was set up with an investment of Rs 43 Crore as per the MoU entered between Konkan Railway & CONCOR (Container Corporation of India Limited), a release in Konkan Railway said.
About The Park:
- This park will initially deal the domestic traffic.
- It said, the facility is initially spread over 81,300 square meters with a scope for expansion as the traffic may grow in future.
- This Logistics Park will be able to handle both Domestic & Exim Container Traffic, it said.
- In addition to container traffic, commodities transported by both open & covered wagons can also be handled from here.
- The release said, 5000 square meters of Custom Bonded Warehousing space is also being created and a host of value added services like stuffing, repackaging etc. will be available to its users.
- The distance between JNPT port of Mumbai and Goa is around 650 Km, now a day’s containers from Goa are reaching to JNPT via road requires around 30-40 hrs.
- It said, after completion of container depot at Balli the container may reach JNPT within 16 to 18 hrs which will save the time, cost of transportation.
- Both Trade & Industry in Goa will greatly benefit from the economic transport solutions & state of the art facilities that CONCOR will be providing in partnership with Konkan Railway at this facility.
- In the first year of operations itself, the facility is likely to generate additional source of revenue for Konkan Railway.
Image Credit: Konkan Railway