Date of Post: 07 Aug, 2018
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh’s Mughalsarai railway station officially renamed as Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Amit Shah, the national president of BJP together inaugurated Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction on Sunday.
- Yogi Adityanath (BJP government) sent proposal to change the name of station on August 8 last year
- The Uttar Pradesh government renamed the station after a notification came from Governor Ram Naik on June 5
- The leaders also flagged off goods train and passengers from the platform along with an all-women crew
- As per Officials, the leaders launched a smart yard project at India’s 4th busiest railway junction.
- The worth noticing thing is that the Mughalsarai was the birthplace of our former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- UP Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, Union Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha and some senior BJP leaders were also present at the time of inauguration
- The BJP chief of Uttar Pradesh Mahendra Nath Pandey said ” BJP government in states and the Centre have imbibed the philosophy of ‘antyodaya’ by Deen Dayal Upadhyay”.
- The newly renamed Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction has the largest railway marshaling yard in Asia which is capable of handling around 1,500 wagons daily.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.