Date of Post: 17 Oct, 2018
Shimla: A monorail service will be introduced to ease traffic congestion in the city. A presentation was made by the INTAMIN Transportation, Switzerland, recently before Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur to start monorail services in the Capital Shimla. The proposed total distance is 14 kms and would take 20 minutes to travel the distance.
- The proposed monorail would start from ISBT Tutikandi and conclude at Panthaghati with 12 stops in between at crossing, MC parking, 103 tunnel, Vidhan Sabha, Victory tunnel, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, Lift parking, Himland, Talland, Khalini, Bishop Cotton School (BCS) and Kasumpti, an official spokesperson said.
- The monorail could carry about 1000 passengers in one hour from one point to another.
- The spokesperson said that the Monorail can ideally serve as the feeder line and could replace the bus routes inside the city.
- This project would require very little land and almost no tree would be cut, he added.
- After all the formalities are completed, this project would take around 2 years for completion, the representatives of the company said.
- This Switzerland-based company has over 50 years of experience in the monorail projects and have already completed similar projects in several countries, the spokesperson said.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .