Date of Post: 04 Aug, 2018
Lucknow: The Modern Coach Factory (MCF), RaeBareli has produced a record number of 368 LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches in April to July (FY 2018-19). This is its best ever out-turn in the first 4 months in any financial year.
- Rajesh Agrawal General Manager MCF said in a press release, in comparison to first 4 months’ out-turn of FY 2017-18, which was 185 coaches, it is almost double in the corresponding period in the current fiscal.
- This is remarkable that the total production of the MCF for the first 4 months of the last four fiscal was 397 (output of the 16 months in total), whereas 368 coaches have been manufactured in the current fiscal’s first 4 months, it said, terming it as a “record outturn in the history of MCF”.
- As compared to Integral Coach Factory (ICF) design coaches, the LHB design coaches are lighter in weight.
- Not only that, they also have higher carrying capacity as well as higher speed potential and have better safety features.
- The LHB coaches also have anti-climbing features, so that in case of a collision, the coaches do not climb on top of each other.