Date of Post : 08 Aug, 2017
Mumbai: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has received permission from the Defence Ministry to conduct construction activity on Defence land in Kandivali East for the construction of the Metro 7.
For the construction of the Mahindra & Mahindra Metro station on the Dahisar East-Andheri East corridor, the MMRDA requires 678.43 sq m land on a permanent basis from the Central Ordnance Depot in Akurli.
* The Defence Ministry has now granted them permission to use the land.
* UPS Madan, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA said,“We require a small strip of land for the station construction. The ministry has given us permission to use their land.”
* Recently, the MMRDA paid the ministry a sum of Rs 4 crore, 20 lakh for the land.
* A senior MMRDA official said,“Considering the urgency of the project, we first got the permission to begin construction. Now that we have paid them the amount, we will begin the process of land transfer.”
* Also, the MMRDA will have to shift the main gate for the depot, & reconstruct the affected compound wall with a provision of view cutters to prevent access of view into the Defence area.
About Mahindra & Mahindra station
* The work at Mahindra & Mahindra station has not begun yet.
* Divided into 3 packages, the 16.5-km Metro 7 corridor with 14 stations is coming up at a cost of Rs 6,200 crore (Approx US$ 968.75 Million).
* The MMRDA has started erecting girders & 25 of them have been erected so far.