Date of Post: 07 Dec, 2017
Bhayandar: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) authorities have planned the creation of nine metro stations from Dahisar to Mira Bhayander and has sought a stamp of approval for finalizing the names from the Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC). Officials said, a resolution to this effect will be tabled before the MBMC general body meeting scheduled on December 8.
- State CM Devendra Fadnavis had given his official nod to extend the ongoing works on the Metro rail corridors to connect the twin-city of Mira-Bhayandar which, as per earlier plans, Metro 2 & Metro 7 terminated in Dahisar.
- After carrying out extensive surveys & conducting feasibility reports, the MMRDA has proposed stations at-
- Pandurang Wadi
- Hotel Amar Palace (on the Mumbai Ahmedabad National Highway)
- Zankar Company
- Sai Baba Nagar
- Deepak Hospital (on Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Road which joins Golden Nest Circle to Kashimira)
- Maxus Mall
- Subhashchandra Bose Municipal Stadium (Bhayandar west) Sports Complex
- Indralok (in Bhayandar-east)
- The introduction of the metro corridor is expected to boost connectivity across these suburbs.
Image Credit: Arzan Kotval- Flickr