Date of Post : 12 Aug, 2017
Mumbai: On Friday, MMRDA invited fresh bids for the design & construction of 11 stations of Metro 2B corridor.
These bids have been invited for stations that include ESIC Nagar, Prem Nagar, Indira Nagar, Nanawati Hospital, Khira Nagar, Saraswat Nagar, National College, Bandra (West), MMRDA Office, Income Tax Office & ILFS on the DN Nagar-Mankhurd corridor.
- This is the 2nd time MMRDA is inviting bids for the corridor after they received bids quoting a much higher price than expected.
- While the MMRDA expected the cost of Metro 2B to be about Rs 1,900 crore (approx US$ 297 Million), they received bids worth 25% more than that in the previous attempts.
- A senior MMRDA official said,“The bids that we had received were 25% more than the expected cost and so we are inviting bids again. For now we have invited bids only for two packages and they are worth Rs 998 crore (approx US$ 156 Million).”
- The MMRDA had Ist invited bids for the 23.5km long corridor in January along with the Metro 4 corridor.
- However, when they were opened last week, they were found to have been more than the expected cost.