Date of Post: 24 Jan, 2019
Mumbai: The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) is planning to install Roof Top solar panels at the stations of the Metro-2A (Dahisar to DN Nagar) and Metro-7 (Dahisar East to Andheri East) lines. The authority has issued a tender for 7.63 MW of rooftop solar PV projects at the site of Metro line 2A and 7.
- The project will be developed under RESCO (Renewable Energy Service Companies) model.
- The brief scope of work includes the supply, design, engineering, manufacturing, storage, civil work, erection of suitable structure, testing and commissioning of the project.
- The successful bidder will also have to provide operations and maintenance (O&M) for 25 years.
- This two metro lines may meet 35% of their total power requirement through solar energy.
- The Additional Metropolitan Commissioner Pravin Darade has issued directions to complete all civil work on the Metro-2A and Metro-7 corridors before monsoon.
- This will facilitate removal of the barricades to ease traffic movement.
- According to MMRDA, 85% of foundation work, 69% of pier construction work and 50% of girder launching has successfully been completed on both the Metro corridors.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )