Date of Post: 18 Oct, 2018
Mumbai: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority) will finalise the contract for 378 coaches for Metro 2A, Metro 2B and Metro 7 by the end of the October 2018.
The coaches are being procured by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) , the nodal agency for Metro 2A (Dahisar to D.N. Nagar), Metro 2B (D.N. Nagar to Mandale) and Metro 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East).
- The financial bids and cost will be analysed before awarding the contract.
- The contractor who wins the bid will be responsible for providing rolling stock, signalling & telecommunication, platform screen doors, lifts and AFC (Automatic Fare Collection) gates at the metro stations.
- 7 companies had participated in the bidding process, including-
- Bharat Earth Movers Ltd
- Titagarh Wagons and Titagarh Firema
- Alstom Transport India and Alstom SA
- Bombardier India & Bombardier Germany
- CAF India & CAF Spain
- Hyundai Rotem (Korea)
- CRRC Corporation Ltd
- The contractor who wins the bid will be responsible for providing 378 coaches (63 trains of 6 coaches each) for the three metro lines.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .