Date of Post: 14 Aug, 2018
Mumbai: The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) will be developing all 52 elevated Metro stations on Dahisar to DN Nagar Metro2A, DN Nagar to Mandale Metro-2B and Andheri (East) to Dahisar (East) Metro-7 corridors under the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Green MRTS rating.
This means, all the 52 stations on the three Metro corridors will receive “Green Certification” on completion. The IGBC in association with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has issued a certificate to the effect.
A few initiatives undertaken in pursuit of promoting use of Green Energy by MMRDA are –
- Developing Green Metro Stations by using 100% LED base smart lighting
- Optimizing air-conditioning load by using energy efficient systems
- Use of Occupancy sensors to optimize lighting load
- Harvesting Natural light to supplement station/depot lighting
- Use of state of art VVVF technology elevators & escalators
- Solarisation of all Elevated stations, Car Depots & Control centres.
- Developing „Green Car depot‟ with use of solar energy, water harvesting & smart lighting
Green technology in Rolling Stock:
- Improved Regenerative braking for carbon neutrality.
- LED base smart lighting & energy efficient HVAC system.
- Light weight coaches/bogies
MMRDA is committed to optimizing energy consumption on par with global standards.