Date of Post: 27 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has appointed a consultant for building a network of FOBs (foot over bridges) along the upcoming Metro 7 (Andheri east to Dahisar east) route, which will connect suburban railway stations at Western Express Highway. Urban Mass Transit Company, an engineering consultancy firm, has been tasked to study the integration of six metro stations as part of the Metro 7 project with the suburban railways.
- Pravin Darade, Additional Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA said,“For six stations of the Metro 7 we have appointed Urban Mass Transit Company to study how it can be integrated with suburban railways and BEST buses. We will invite bids to appoint consultants for the other stations.”
- Also, MMRDA proposes to construct skywalks across the Western Express Highway to connect Metro 7 stations with both sides of the road, & connect the existing Metro One corridor with the upcoming Metro 2, Metro 3, Metro 4 & Metro 7 with skywalks.
Integrated Ticketing System
- With the MMRDA preparing to launch Integrated Ticketing System in the city, commuters will be able to travel between different modes of transport like the monorail, metro, buses & railways with a single ticket.
- “We will link the suburban railway stations with the metro station which will enable the commuter to travel through a single ticket under Integrated Ticketing System. A consultant has been appointed for the same to study the integration,” said Pravin Darade, Additional Metropolitan Commiss-ioner, MMRDA.
- The MMRDA will appoint a vendor to implement the system in December.