Date of Post: 05 June, 2018
Minister of State of Railways, Shri Rajen Gohain flagged off a new Antyodaya train viz. 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly) from Kolkata on Monday.
Features of Antyodaya Express:-
The coaches in Antyodaya Express are fully unreserved LHB second class coaches with the following additional amenities:
- Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats
- Additional hand holds in doorway area
- J-Hook near longitudinal luggage racks
- Multiple Unit cables at both ends of the coach
- Vestibuled ends for internal movement of the passengers
- Potable Drinking water dispenser
- Mobile charging points
- Fire Extinguisher with anti-theft lock
- FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) Modular Toilets
- Pleasing interior colour scheme
- Toilet Occupation indication display board
- LED Lights
- SS Slip-free flooring at Doorway & Gangway
- Anti-Graffiti coating for exterior painting
The abstract schedule including timings, composition, stoppages etc. of the train services is as under:
22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
|Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)||↓||Station||↑||Chennai Central-Santragachi Antyodaya Express (Weekly)|
|–||19.00 (Mon)||Santragachi(SRC)||10.25 (Thu)|
|22.45 (Tue)||Chennai Central(MAS)||08.10 (Wed)|
Days of run:
- Ex- Santragachi (SRC): Monday
- Ex-Chennai Central (MAS): Wednesday
One way distance: 1656 Kms.
From SRC to MAS: 27 HR. 45 Min
From MAS to SRC: 26 HR 15 Min.
Stoppages: Kharagpur, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur Keonjhar Road, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road, Balugaon, Chatrapur, Brahampur, Sompetta, Palasa, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Duvvada, Ankapalle, Samalkot jn., Rajahmundry, Eluru, Vijaywada, Chirala, Ongole, Nellore, Gudur, Sullurupetta.
Composition of regular service: LS(General Coach)-16, LWLRRM(Power Car)-2 = 18 coaches