Date of Post: 14 July, 2018
Jaipur: Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain on Friday flagged off Bikaner-Bilaspur-Bikaner Antyodaya Express weekly train. The unmanned level crossings in the country will be eliminated by 2021, Gohain said.
- The railways has directed all divisions to eliminate unmanned level crossings (UMLCs) by 2021, Gohain said after flagging off the train.
- Earlier, Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani had said the national carrier will eliminate all UMLCs by March 31, 2020.
- He said, old tracks are being replaced and accidents have reduced significantly for the first time in the last 30 years.
- The railways, has started more than 10 Antyodaya Express trains, including in Rajasthan, Gohain said.
- According to the minister, the route of Awadh-Assam train was extended to Bikaner as many people from Rajasthan travel to Assam for business purposes.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .