Date of Post : 20 June, 2017
Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated following services in Odisha and Assam through video conferencing from Rail Bhawan today i.e 19-06-2017. Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge), Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Member of Parliament(Lok Sabha) Shri Dr. (Prof.) Prasanna Kumar Patasani, were specially present to grace the occasion. Chairman, Railway Board, Shri A. K. Mital, Member Traffic Railway Board, Shri Mohd Jamshed, other Railway Board Members and Senior Officials were also present on the occasion.
1.New railway line between Bolagarh Road and Nayagarh Town
- The work for provision of new line between Khurda Road and Bolangir for a total length of 289 km was sanctioned in the year of 1994-95 at a total cost of Rs 801.78 crores.
- The work for commissioning of new line between Bolagarh Road and Nayagarh town (12 km) has been completed. The total length of rail line completed is about 65 Kms.
- Train No. 58429/58430/58431/58432 (Khurda Road- Bolagarh) passenger trains are being extended upto Nayagarh Town.
- A large number of pilgrims visit Puri during the Rath Yatra festival and this train will facilitate the movement of pilgrims between Nayagarh Town and Puri. This will be daily service with a composition of 12 coaches.
- This will fulfill the long pending demand of the local people for rail connectivity.
- Nayagarh Town Railway Station Building
- It is a ‘E’ category station on Khurda Road-Bolangir section, built at a cost of Rs 2.5 crore.
- Passenger amenities like booking windows, public address system, waiting hall, platform, toilets, drinking water have been provided at the station.
- To facilitate physically handicapped passengers wheel chairs have been provided. Stretchers have also been provided for medical needs of the passengers.
- Passenger halt at Bolagarh Town
- Passenger halt at Bolagarh Town was sanctioned on 13.10.2016. on passenger amenity grounds. Location of the halt is between Rajsunakhala and Bolagarh Road stations on Khurda Road-Bolangir new line in Khurda Division of East Coast Railway. It has been built at a cost of Rs. 98 lakhs.
- Amenities provided are (i) High level platform (360 metres), (ii) Booking counter cum waiting room (25 sqm), (iii) Approach road (900 sqm) and (iv) one hand tubewell.
- PRS at Kamakhya Temple
- Hon’ble MR announced for opening of PRS counter at Kamakhya temple premises on 7.5.2017.This is non-rail head PRS with the assistance of Kamakhya Devottar Board cater to approximately catchment area of 5000 passengers.
- This is a location of tourist importance, lakh of devotees visit the shrine especially during Ambubushi Mela.
- At present, on Northeast Frontier Railway there are 249 locations where computerized reservation facility is available. After this, the figure will be 250 (including 115 locations in the State of Assam).