Date of Post: 15 Nov, 2018
Surat: Metro rail project in the city, which is estimated cost Rs 21,600 crore, is expected to be launched in the first half of 2019 and is expected to become operational by 2023. According to the revised Detailed Project Report (DPR), the Surat metro rail project will have a total length of 40.35 kms and 38 metro stations.
- The work on the metro rail project is expected to be launched first half of the next year.
- Of the 38 stations, the revised DPR proposes setting up of 4 elevated stations on public private partnership (PPP) mode at a cost of Rs 111.88 crore
- The metro rail project will have two corridors.
- The first will be a 21.61 kilometer long corridor between Sarthana and Dream City.
- The second is a fully elevated corridor of 18.74 kms between Bhesan to Saroli.
- The two corridors will intersect at Majura Gate station.
- The empty spaces on either sides of metro rail will be used for development and income from additional FSI utilized for operations and maintenance of the network under central government’s transit oriented policy.
To know more about recent developments of Surat Metro-
31 Oct, 2018: Surat Railway Station to get World Class Facilities
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .