Date of Post : 03 Aug, 2017
Kochi: The dedicated Kochi Metro police station being set up to deal with offences, and law & order issues on the Kochi metro station premises & aboard metro trains is likely to turn operational shortly with it receiving the green signal from the State Cabinet on Wednesday.
KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) had made available land for the station & will bear the cost of renovation & operational expense of the force.
- The station is being readied near Cusat metro station within the Kalamassery municipal limits.
- An old 2500-square feet building has been renovated to serve as the police station.
- Currently, paving of interlocking tiles is in progress.
- The metro police station has been allocated 29 posts, including a circle inspector & 2 sub-inspectors.
- There will be 13 uniformed women cops, including a circle inspector.
- They will work in tandem with 128 personnel of the State Industrial Security Force who have already been deployed.
- The police will be aided by technological assistance since the entire premises remain under CCTV surveillance, ruling out to a great extent the need for eyewitness accounts to prove charges.