Date of Post: 14 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited, has completed the Ameerpet interchange station. The station is considered to be one of the largest metro stations in the India. The 30 km long metro stretch is to be formally commissioned later this month by PM Narendra Modi.
About The Station:
- Spread over 2 lakh sq. feet, the station has many special features.
- The station is 142 m long & 40 m wide.
- It will have retail outlets, entertainment zones & convenience outlets.
- Entry into the Concourse, which will be used by pedestrians to cross over from one lane to another, allowing uninterrupted traffic movement, will not require a ticket.
- Convenience stores, ATM machines, offices for the technical staff & other amenities are provided on this level.
- The platform level of corridor 1 will be at a height of 30 m & the roof level at 36 m.
- The open spaces, lifts, escalators & staircases will be able to accommodate a minimum of around 6,000 commuters at any point of time.