Date of Post: 15 Sep, 2018
Shillong: State Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma held a meeting with officials of North East Frontier Railways, on Friday, to discuss about the two railway projects in the state which have been sanctioned by the Centre. The two railway projects are – Kamalachari to Byrnihat and Byrnihat to Shillong.
- “As of now there were two projects sanctioned by the Centre but both of them are not proceeding now because of local concerns that are there,” the chief minister said.
- He said,”We would now discuss with other cabinet colleagues and political parties and take stakeholders into account and then decide how to move forward (with these projects).”
- He stressed on the importance of railways for economic development of the state.
- Also, the CM held a review meeting with NHIDCL MD Nagendra Nath Sinha to review the bottlenecks and hurdles in the state with regards to road projects sanctioned.
- He said,”We wanted to know if Forest department, deputy commissioners, Revenue or PHE departments are a hurdle so we review all that to ensure projects are moving fast.”
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .