Date of Post: 08 Jan, 2019
Ahmedabad: The MEGA (Metro-link Express for Gandhinagar & Ahmedabad) board has decided to rename its organization name to Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC). The information was revealed by Dr IP Gautam, Chairman, MEGA after the board meeting on 29 Dec 2018.
- The renaming comes after the central government’s notification which said each state need to have only one company.
- This one will be a mother company, and then for other cities, there will be subsidiary companies operating.
- Same directors now will be handling for different projects like second Phase of the present metro project.
- Various projects in the city like Ahmedabad Metro and Surat Metro will come under GMRC, after the renaming.
- The new model has been successful in other parts of the country, Gautam said.
- GMRC will be the 3rd company in the country to handle all metro projects in the state.
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information