Date of Post: 06 Dec, 2018
To ensure passenger safety, CCTVs will be installed in major trains and at all railway stations across Odisha, Railways informed Odisha Police on Wednesday.
Baggage scanners will also be installed at all stations and those lying defunct will be repaired soon, said Pranabindu Acharya, Additional Director General of Railways.
- The meeting of the state-level Security Committee for Railways held during the day decided to take joint effort during bandhs by stakeholders like GRP, RPF and Railways to defuse the situation well in advance, he said.
- Acharya said,”Orientation training will be given to both RPF and GRP personnel to deal with Left Wing Extremist activities. All the railway stations will be provided with sufficient CCTV/ baggage scanner by Railways within a short period.”
- He said that the meeting also discussed safety/security of passengers and the properties, law and order situation, crime scenario, sabotage, disaster management, Left wing extremist activities and other issues related to railway security.
- He said, new rail lines, including Talcher-Sambalpur, Rayagada-Koraput and Khordha-Nayagarh will be brought under GRP jurisdiction.
- A proposal in this regard will be sent to the state government soon.
- Acharya said, baggage scanner will be installed at Rourkela railway station within 7 days.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .