Date of Post: 27 Sep, 2017
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government & South Korea signed a MoU for cooperation in construction major infra projects in the state.
The MoU was inked on Tuesday in the presence of visiting CM Devendra Fadnavis & South Korea’s Minister for Land, Infrastructure & Transport Kim Hyun-mee in Seoul.
As per the MoU, South Korea is expected to support or participate with the state on other major projects coming up in different parts of Maharashtra like-
- Smart Cities
- Roads & Highways
- Metro Rail
- Detailing various projects, Fadnavis informed Kim that Maharashtra leads in the industrial development in India & has attracted 50% of all FDIs (Foreign Direct Investments) in this country.
- The developments came on the first day of the 3-day visit by a high-power delegation led by Fadnavis to South Korea.
- The delegation will later visit Singapore for a couple of days before returning home on September 29.
- Officials said, earlier, the state government had signed a MoU with the South Korean Land & Housing Corporation to take up land development, town planning & housing projects along the Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway and set up ‘agro-prosperity centres’ for boosting agro-based industries & generating employment.
- During his stay, Fadnavis is scheduled to meet top representatives of global giants with focus on attracting South Korean FDI for the state.
Some of The Global Giant Companies Are-
- Hyundai Heavy Engineering
- LG Electronics
- Hyosung Corporation