Date of Post: 05 July, 2018
Nagpur: The Maharashtra government tabled supplementary demands worth Rs 11,445 crore in the Legislative Assembly on Wednesday. The supplementary demands, which will come up for discussion next week, were tabled by Minister of State for Finance Deepak Kesarkar on the first day of the monsoon session of the state legislature.
Rs 250 crore for Bullet Train-
The government allocated Rs 250 crore to NHSRCL (National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited) as the state’s share to the special purpose vehicle of Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project.
- The other significant demands include Rs 5 crore for the development and re-carpeting of airstrips of Karad & Chandrapur airports.
- It has been decided to provide additional funds of Rs 159.63 crore for the purchase of 2 helicopters for the air travel of VVIPs (very very important persons).
- As the provision made in the current financial year for the installation of CCTV surveillance system in the state is found to be insufficient, it has been decided to make an additional provision of Rs 35 crore for CCTV projects in Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad and other cities.
- It has been decided to make a provision for newly generated “basic infrastructure facilities” for the Gadchiroli district.
- The Centre has provided Rs 5 crore funds under the special central assistance scheme, which needs to be revalidated and budgeted under this scheme.
Image Credit: Wikipedia