Date of Post: 31 Aug, 2017
PUNE: With the goal of putting the projects on fast track in the state, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis has personally taken charge of the major development projects in the city including Pune Metro Project.
- CM instructed the concerned officials to quickly handover land housing the Shivajinagar godown, Kothrud garbage depot and land at Swargate, to Mahametro, to speed-up the Pune Metro project.
- He further gave directions for the development of a multi-nodal hub at Swargate.
- Chief Minister held a meeting of all IAS officers involved at his “war room” in Mantralaya.
- Managing Director Maha Metro, Brijesh Dixit said that the CM took two specific decisions at the meeting
- Handing over of lands to Mahametro
- Development of a multi-modal hub at Swargate
WORK ON INTEGRATED TRANSPORT HUB
- CM instructed the officials to begin work on the proposed Integrated Transport Hub at Swargate in 6 months
- Municipal Commissioner Kunal Kumar said this would be undertaken by Mahametro which will ensure the integration of other public transport such as PMPML and the State Transport in the Metro planning.
- Dixit said that the Metro station at Swargate would be underground and the other city and state transport hubs would be at different levels.
Image Source: Pune Metro
PUNE METRO RECENT WORK
- Aug 31 : Soil testing going on at finolex circle, next to Ahilyadevi Holkar statue where the PCMC station will be built.
- Aug 31 : Two more pillars coming up at kharalwadi
- Aug 28 : Plate Load Test is being carried out at Kharalwadi near Hindustan Antibiotics to determine Safe Bearing Capacity of Soil used for foundation design.
- Aug 19 : Pune Metro office inaugurated at Ghole Rd Museum by Hon. Guardian Minister Sh. Bapat Ji along with Dr. Dixit
- Aug 17 : The standing committee of the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation) gives nod to construct a flyover at Nalstop Chowk
Image Source : Imgur