Date Of Post: 09 Feb, 2018
Mumbai: State Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, on Wednesday, directed the MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation) & the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) to plan for execution of the Swargate-Integrated Multi-Modal Transport Hub in Pune. A presentation of the project was made before Fadnavis in Mumbai.
- Chief Minister directed the MahaMetro & MSRTC to plan for execution of this project.
- The presentation was made by Principal Secretary of Urban Development Department, Nitin Karir, at a meeting held in the state secretariat on the Swargate Integrated Multi-Model Transport Hub.
- The Chief Minister made certain suggestions regarding the Transport Hub plan and directed MahaMetro & MSRTC to work in tandem to complete the project.
- The proposed Metro rail station, ST bus stand & PMPML bus station are located close-by at Swargate.
About The Project:
- In the first phase of this 2-phased project, Metro station & PMPML bus station will be developed.
- ST bus stand will be developed in the second phase.
The transport hub will have facilities like-
- Bus terminal
- Underground Subway
- Building for offices & commercial establishments
- Rickshaw & Taxi Stand
Vice-Chairman of the transport corporation and MD Ranjit Singh Deol, CMD of Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal (PMPML) Tukarm Mundhe, MahaMetro MD Brijesh Dixit, Ramnath Subramanyam, Additional Municipal Commissioner of Pune Shital Teli-Ugale, and Shitesh Agrawal of Sankalp Design were present on the occasion.