Date of Post: 07 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Cabinet on Wednesday approved the Rs 55,000 crore Mumbai Urban Transport Project 3A (MUTP-3A), moved one step closer to implementation of several big-ticket rail infrastructure projects.
Some of the major projects covered under MUTP-3A include-
- CSMT-Panvel elevated fast corridor (Rs 12,331 crore)
- New Virar-Panvel corridor (Rs 7089 crore)
- Procurement of 210 air-conditioned EMUs (Rs 17,374 crore)
- Extension of Harbour line between Goregaon and Borivali (826 crore)
- Implementation of new CBTC (Communications-Based Train Control) signalling system
- Introduction of 2 more lines between Borivali and Virar
- Upgradation & modernisation of 16 suburban stations.
- With the cabinet nod in place, the proposal will now be sent to Railway Board and Niti Aayog.
- Following an Extended Board Review, it will be placed before the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) for final approval.
- The cabinet also issued a Government Resolution (GR) pertaining to the relocation and rehabilitation of people affected by the project, which will be done on the lines of earlier MUTP projects.
- As far as funding is concerned, MRVC (Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation), the nodal agency of the project, will raise around Rs 14,000 crore through loans from banking institutions.
- MRVC is expected to approach a consortium of banks, including the New Development Bank (NDB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the loan.
- The remaining cost will be shared between the Railways and the Maharashtra Government on a 50:50 basis.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .