Date of Post: 09 Jan, 2019
The Maharashtra cabinet on Tuesday approved the 48.29 km elevated route of the phase-2 of the Nagpur Metro rail project. The metro project is being implemented by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MahaMetro) at a cost of Rs 11,239 crore, according to the release by the Chief Minister’s office.
- The funds have also been approved by the cabinet on Tuesday.
- This is a major milestone achieved and a new year gift by MahaMetro to residents of Nagpur, even as it gears up for the launch of its Phase-1 operations.
- The project worth Rs. 11,216 Crore will now be sent to Union Cabinet for its approval.
- The phase-2 will have 35 stations and provide connectivity to areas adjacent to Nagpur like Kampte, Wadi, Hingna, Pardi and Butibori industrial estate.
- This phase is to be completed in 4 years.
- Phase-2 covers rural parts of Nagpur district and will serve as an extension to the ongoing phase-1.
- The proposed Phase will be spread over 48.3 km length with 35 stations.
Image Credit: Nagpur Metro
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .