Date Of Post: 23 Feb, 2018
Mumbai: The state government has allocated Rs 125 crore as first instalment for the 508.17km long bullet train project between Mumbai & Ahmedabad. The Maharashtra & the Gujarat governments each have 25% stake and the railway department has 50% stake in the project.
- A SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) company has been established for this project in New Delhi.
- The estimated cost of the project Rs 1.1 lakh crore wherein both the state governments will contribute Rs 5,000 crore each and the railways will contribute Rs 10,000 crore.
- The remaining funds for the project will be raised through loans.
- Of the 508.17km, 155.642 km of the proposed alignment falls in Maharastra, 350.530 km in Gujarat and 2 km in Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- The High Speed Corridor of Mumbai-Ahmedabad has been proposed with 12 Stations-
Image Credit: Nanashinodensyaku – Wikimedia Commons