Date of Post: 21 Dec, 2018
MahaMetro Nagpur signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) for construction of `Metro Mall’ on Orange City Street, next to Jai Prakash Nagar Metro Station. The MoU was signed by MahaMetro, MD, Dr Brijesh Dixit and Municipal Commissioner Shri Abhijit Bangar at Metro House.
- NMC has conceptualised the proposed ‘Metro Mall’.
- As per the MoU signed by NMC and MahaMetro, NMC will hand over the land to Maha Metro for execution of construction work of the proposed mall.
- Once the construction is over, MahaMetro will hand over the mall to NMC.
- The ownership of ‘Metro Mall’ will be with the civic body.
- The proposed ‘Metro Mall’ and Jaiprakash Nagar metro station will be inter-connected at the 3rd floor of the mall.
- The ‘Metro Mall’ is proposed on land admeasuring 3,308.767 sqr mtrs and the total built-up area will be 10,005.83 sqr mtrs, as per the release issued by Maha Metro and NMC.
- The mall will be a 45 meters high 8-storeyed structure.
- As per the plans, the 1st to 4th floors will be reserved exclusively for shops, while the construction between 5th and 8th floor will be used for office purposes.
- The project has been titled ‘Development of Metro Mall on Plot-1 of Orange City Street Project, adjacent to Jaiprakash Nagar Metro Station, on Deposit Work Basis’.
- The work of construction of the ‘Metro Mall’ has been given to MahaMetro Nagpur considering pace of its work execution.
- Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, had asked Maha Metro to be part of Orange City Street Project.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information