Date of Post: 11 Nov, 2017
Pune: MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited) is set to integrate all forms of public transport with its Metro stations like Railways, BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System), Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal (PMPML) & MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corp.) along the alignment.
Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro, said,“The main objective of Multimodal Integration is to provide ease and comfort of travel to commuters. We are aiming to connect our Metro stations with public transport to achieve a seamless travel experience for the commuters.”
Integration Of Metro Stations:
- The first integration is planned at Bhosari Metro station, which will be linked with Kasarvadi railway station & BRTS stand in the area, he said.
- There are plans to connect Sant Tukaram Metro station with the MSRTC terminus.
- Khadki Metro station with the Khadki railway station & a proposed BRTS station.
- The Shivajinagar Metro rail station will be connected with MSRTC & PMPML bus facilities and, via a Foot-overbridge, it will be linked to the Shivajinagar railway station.
- On East- West route of Vanaz to Ramwadi Corridor, there will be arrangements made to connect Pune Railway Metro Station with city’s main Pune Railway junction and also with PMPML bus stand.
- On Nagar Road, the Metro rail station would be integrated with BRTS stations.
- The underground Metro station at Swargate would be connected to the MSRTC bus terminus & the PMPML bus stop, he informed.