Date of Post: 10 Nov, 2018
Nagpur: The MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corp. Ltd.) has bagged the best exhibitor award at the Urban Mobility India Conference 2018. The event was organised by MahaMetro along with government of India and other government authorities here. Dr. Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director, MahaMetro received the award.
- The 3-day conference and expo started on November 2 and focused on finding solutions to mobility issues in the future.
- MahaMetro, which is building the Pune metro & Nagpur metro, has designed the stations of Pune metro in a unique way which will reflect the culture of the city.
- “There is need of better planning and urban mobility solutions will help tackle the problems coming from increasing number of vehicles in any city,” Nitin Kareer, Principal Secretary of Urban Development Department, said.
- Various national level prizes were given at the event.
- Kochi Metro won the award for best non-motorised transportation project for its smooth pedestrian movement.
- Karnataka State Road Transport and Bangalore Metro Service bagged the title of best city service award.
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation got the best city award for urban transport initiative.
All Image Credit: Pune Metro
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information