Date of Post: 02 Sep, 2017
NAGPUR: Maha Metro has started the internal trial run for Metro operations on the 5.8 km at grade stretch from Mihan depot – south of airport.
A team from RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organization), Lucknow, will come to the city to review the preparations around September 10.
A larger team will then reach here to conduct the trial run itself.
- Track laying on the at grade stretch had been completed, a source in Mahametro said.
- He said,”Track testing will be started soon to meet RDSO’s norms. All the electrical masts for supplying power to the trains have been installed. Currently, testing of the power traction system is being done.”
- MahaMetro had sought 7 approvals from RDSO.
- He said,”We have received five of them—schedule of dimensions, design basis report (stations), design basis report (viaduct), track fastening system and signalling and telecommunication. The ones for track and traction are expected soon. In spite of being lengthy processes, the approvals were obtained very fast and now 75% of our documentation work is complete.”
- A formal function will be held to mark the internal trial run.
- It will be attended by state CM Devendra Fadnavis, union transport minister Nitin Gadkari & SBI chairperson-cum-managing director (CMD) Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- The common mobility card (CMC) of Mahametro will be released at the hands of these guests during the trial run function.
- MahaMetro is trying to get a common date from the three.
- He said,”Total of 70% work of the stations is over. Work on signalling and telecommunications is progressing fast. After RDSO clears the Metro operations, we will apply to commissioner of Metro rail safety (CMRS) for approval for commercial operations. CMRS team will again check each and every thing and then clear the project.”
- The commercial operation of airport – Sitabuldi section is proposed in middle of next year.
- Work on construction of the viaduct is going on day & night.
- Once it is complete, MahaMetro will begin track laying & installation of electrical masts & signalling equipment.
- A separate trial run will be held for this section and only after it is cleared by RDSO & CMRS will Mahametro be able to start commercial operations.