Date of Post: 01 Mar 2019
Soon Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off Madurai-Chennai Tejas Express at a function at Kanyakumari today.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for two major railway projects .
- Rail Connectivity between Rameswaram and Dhanushkodi (17.20 km) at a cost of Rs.208 crore .
- Construction of a new bridge at Pamban Viaduct (2.05 Km) at a cost of Rs. 250 crore.
- The Prime Minister will also lay the foundation stone and flag off ceremony through video-conference.
- The new Tejas Express Train No. 22672/22671 between Madurai and Chennai Egmore will have ultra-modern facilities and would be the fastest in the Chennai-Madurai sector.
- The Express Train will cover the 496 km stretch in around six-and-half hours.
- The train will be running on the route for six days a week, except on Thursdays
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
26 Feb, 2019: ICF renovates Nilgiri Rail coaches with modern look
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )