Date of Post: 11 Sep, 2018
Lucknow: The north-south corridor of the Lucknow metro rail is likely to be completed by April 2019, an official said. The 23-km stretch from the Chaudhary Charan Singh airport to Munshipullia will have 21 stations, LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) Managing Director Kumar Keshav said.
At present, the Lucknow metro operates a 8.5-km section between the Charbagh railway station and Transport Nagar.
- “The target is to complete the work on the stretch between the Lucknow airport in Amausi and Munshi Pulia by April 1, 2019,” he said.
- He said,”We are hopeful that by April 1, 2019, metro rail services will become operational on this 23-kilometre-long stretch. So far, nearly 85 per cent of the work has been done.”
- The MD said that the LMRC expects that once this route becomes operational, nearly 1 lakh passengers will use it everyday.
- “On this 23-kilometre-long route, there will be 21 stations and the maximum fare will be Rs 60,” he said.
- Presently, it takes about 90 minutes to reach from Munshipulia to the airport, but once the route is operational, this distance will be covered in 40 minutes.
- The most difficult work on this stretch is the construction of a 177-metre-long cantilever bridge on the Gomti river, which will be completed by September 30, Keshav said.
- He said, once constructed, this special bridge provide seamless metro connectivity to the trans-Gomti region of Lucknow.
To know more about recent developments of Lucknow Metro-
06 Sep, 2018 : Hon’ble Chief Minister Inaugurates Exhibition On The Occasion Of ‘Lucknow Metro Diwas’, 2018; Unveils Lucknow Metro ‘Mascot’ & ‘Mobile App’; Lauds Lucknow Metro For Being Excellent In Quality & Service
04 Sep, 2018 : Lucknow Metro Diwas, 2018: A Curtain Raiser!!!
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .