Date of Post: 23 Sep, 2017
Lucknow: In a view to provide parking facility to its commuters, LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) has decided to offer parking at a few prominent stations on the 8.5-km priority section.
This is to enable people to come to stations through their own vehicle, park it at the facility and then catch a metro till the destination to give them the last mile connectivity.
- Already, LMRC is providing a 200 car parking space near Transport Nagar station.
- LMRC, recently, has also given a small space near Polytechnic College of Krishnanagar as a parking facility to metro commuters.
- In this parking facility has a capacity of 60-70 cars.
- “We are also in talks to open a parking area near Alambagh Bus Stand station soon. The other parking space will be opened at Durgapuri metro station. We are still looking for land for it,” LMRC senior official said.
- All these parking lots will be operated by LMRC staff & agencies.