Date of Post: 28 Sep, 2018
Lucknow: Construction of a 177-metre-long cantilever bridge on the Gomti river will be completed soon. Once constructed fully, this special cantilever bridge will connect both the ends of the river, thereby, providing seamless Metro connectivity to the trans ‘Gomti’ region of Lucknow.
- The north-south corridor of the Lucknow metro rail is likely to be completed by April next year, LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) Managing Director Kumar Keshav recently said.
- The most difficult work on this stretch is the construction of a 177-metre-long cantilever bridge on the Gomti river, which will be completed by September 30, he said.
- Construction of this cantilever bridge posed a great challenge for Lucknow Metro as the construction had to be done without disturbing the flow of water in the river.
- LMRC, therefore, adopted the cantilever construction methodology and constructed only two pillars (one on either side the river bed) in Gomti and installed an 85 meters long span crossing the entire river flow from one end to the other to complete this work.
- In addition, two spans measuring 46 meters each have also been constructed on either side, thereby, making it a 46m + 85m+ 46m = 177 meters long cantilever Metro bridge.
To know more about recent developments of Lucknow Metro-
06 Sep, 2018 : Hon’ble Chief Minister Inaugurates Exhibition On The Occasion Of ‘Lucknow Metro Diwas’, 2018; Unveils Lucknow Metro ‘Mascot’ & ‘Mobile App’; Lauds Lucknow Metro For Being Excellent In Quality & Service
04 Sep, 2018 : Lucknow Metro Diwas, 2018: A Curtain Raiser!!!
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .