Date of Post: 08 June, 2018
Lucknow: LMRC has now been reconstituted as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRCL) for implementing all upcoming metro projects in cities of Uttar Pradesh. LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) Board of Directors meeting chaired by the union ministry of housing and urban affairs secretary Durga Shanker Mishra approved the reconstitution of LMRC as a single Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) named UPMRCL.
- A proposal in this regard had already been cleared by the Yogi Adityanath government.
- Also the Board endorsed the revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) of proposed East-West Corridor of Lucknow Metro project tabled by LMRC managing director Kumar Keshav at its 32nd meeting in Chennai on Wednesday.
- Now, the proposal would be submitted to the UP government and the Centre for approval.
- Lucknow Metro is scheduled to commission the entire 23 km Phase 1A project from Lucknow airport to Munshipulia Metro Station by April 2019.
- A section of the corridor is already operational.
- Similar metro projects have been proposed in other towns, including Kanpur, Agra, Meerut, Varanasi, Allahabad and Gorakhpur in the future.
Image Credit: ABB
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .